Wednesday, July 27, 2011

InuYasha

So I was all mopey over having finished Kaze No Stigma and wondering what next when I started browsing through Hulu... I started watching The Mythical Detective Loki Ragnarok, but was getting a little frustrated with the dub. It's not bad, but I like hearing the original voices, the inflections in the voices, the timbres...I mean, the sense I get is that these actors have been doing this for a very long time. Sometimes the dubs sound too fakey for me.


It seems every anime site I go has endless episodes of Bleach, Naruto, and InuYasha. Because I tend to avoid what is massively popular for very prejudiced reasons on my part, I had never bothered to find out more about them...So, out of desperation, I queued an episode of InuYasha on Netflix...and four episodes later in the original Japanese (oh yeaaaz!), I am hooked.

I am a certifiable dum-dum because I already liked manga by author Rumiko Takahashi, who also wrote Ranma 1/2 and Maison Ikkoku. Why didn't I try InuYasha before? It's one of those great mysteries of (my) life...

I like the mythic aspect and the whole feudal Japan context. And a half-demon dog, half-human hero who can be deterred when ordered to sit by a 15 year-old girl?




 I'll write more after I've watched more, but I am enjoying the "forced" partnership between the guy with dog ears and the girl in a school uniform.

166 episodes to go!

Yay!

No comments: